Are you a student eager to join the fashion industry with your own label?
Carnation is a design competition for fashion students who are eager to step into the real
world and launch a debut collection on a national scale. The objective is to promote
budding talent by supporting original, conceptual, though provoking design in the field of
clothing. The winners will be marketed across India thus giving them a runway to kickstart
their own label. Key developments will be selected to be showcased at The Stylease’s store,
website as well as social media campaign.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Every entry must be filed under a particular category i.e. Indian Ethnic, Indo-Western, Contemporary-Western or Sustainable Fashion for Womenswear or Menswear.
- Entry is restricted to students currently enrolled in an educational institution or to students who have graduated no more than 3 years ago.
- Students who have previously distributed collections to retailers do not qualify.
- Multiple students can partner up to apply with one collection under one label name. In this event, only one application needs to be submitted on behalf of the entire team with all names explicitly mentioned.
- Each collection must have no less than 3 and no more than 10 sketches to qualify for Round 1.
- All designs must be submitted as high-resolution images in a presentation outlining the ideation process/narrative of the inspiration.
- Upon being short listed for Round 2, one outfit of the collection must be produced and submitted for quality inspection (our in-house production house is available at cost price).
- For the category of Sustainable Fashion, the collection must contain no less than 30% eco-friendly raw material. Proof/certification of raw material being sustainable must be submitted along with the garments.
Entries will be assessed based on degree of innovation, aesthetic appeal, choice of materials and fabric and realisation technique. However, the end goal must be to make a collection that’s realistic, functional and plausible within the realms of retail fashion.
Applications are now closed
In case of queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch this space for the return of CARNATION 2.0, starting in July 2019